Indoor or flower florists, boxes for plants - as large stands for placing a large collection of indoor crops do not name - it will be difficult to make a mistake. In fact, these are very large pots and plant pots hiding themselves, introduced into the interior. Fashion for interior flower girls came to us from the trends of garden design. And every day such special "boxes" are becoming more and more popular. The best delimiter of space and a more concise way to green the interior simply can not be found.Flower box for indoor plants
Choose a flower girl is reasonable
Interior florists, or flower boxes - these are large coasters made of a wide variety of materials on wheels or legs in the form of a decorative box or box. This is the same full-fledged way of arranging plants indoors, like an open collection or exposition, terrarium, ampel, green walls or solitary plants. Only this way of landscaping is much more massive, catchy, elegant, modern and concise at the same time.
Such boxes can be solid (or “deaf”), openwork (or forged) and fake - with gaps between the planks. The height and size of interior flower girls vary from modest drawers in which you can place 2-3 plants, to large flower girls who can accommodate from 4-5 plants and are equal in length to a soft sofa. The height, as well as the style of decoration, decoration materials, the presence of additional decor, the color of such a flower girl for the room is selected in accordance with the style of interior design and furniture design in it. Flower girls should correspond to the size of the room and the decor, be proportionate to the furniture and not appear either too small or too massive.
Forged flower girls are still popular today, who are often given an elaborate and even fantasy form. But heavy, sophisticated care, and not at all suitable for every interior, sophisticated forged “drawers” are gradually replacing elegant fiberglass, acrylic and wood.
There is one important nuance that must be considered when choosing a flower girl - the durability of materials and the massiveness of the product. If you use even not too massive plants, the flower box should have reliable legs and sufficient resistance. If you choose boxes on castors, you must make sure that the fasteners are not flimsy and can withstand the load. Feel free to inspect the flower girl literally from all sides. But sustainability also has a downside - heavy flower girls are more difficult to move, they can damage the floor covering, especially if the floor is made of natural wood. Therefore, consider possible protection and all security measures.
Buying a finished flower box is not necessary at all, although today their range is expanding every day, and the most elaborate and fashionable options are already actively included in furniture catalogs. You can make a flower girl to decorate the room yourself, because under it you can remake almost any plastic, metal or wooden box and box. And you can transform antique furniture into a flower box. Laris, hanging cradles, antique and not quite chests of drawers, old cabinets over which they “conjured” a little, using the technique of updating or aging coatings - all this will be an excellent alternative to purchased flower girls.Florists for indoor plants
The role of interior flower boxes
Flower boxes allow you to solve several decorative tasks at once:
- eliminate the effect of "clutter", an abundance of details in the decor;
- make houseplant collections more streamlined;
- set modern accents;
- combine the tasks of delimiting space and landscaping;
- increase the number of plants in the room without increasing the area occupied by the coasters;
- save yourself from the need to buy expensive decorative containers from the same series and be guided only by their practical characteristics;
- hide containers and soil from the eyes for a "clean" picture;
- make landscaping more stylish and concise.
Flower girls in the interior are a pleasure only for large rooms and rooms that combine different functional corners. Of course, they can also be used in the bedroom (as an analogue of a bench by the bed, an element of the design of the head of the head, etc.), but this option is rather the exception, which only designers resort to. Interior florists are used mainly in the interior of the living room, to separate the dining area from the recreation area, in studio apartments as an elegant way to limit the area. But they came into fashion as one of the most harmonious ways to separate the dining room from the kitchen or any other space.
Interior flower girls should not be considered only as a means of masking the accumulation of pots. The role of flower boxes in the interior is quite equal to any piece of large furniture - a chest of drawers, a secretary, a bookcase. Interior florists are a space-dividing, zoning element that is designed to complement the furniture and “draw out” the space functionally, restricting individual zones. Even if we are talking about a small flower box, it is also primarily a limiter and a “stopper” - an element that emphasizes the boundaries of the zone and makes it separate. In their placement they are guided precisely by functionality.Flower girl for indoor plants.
Where is the best place to place a flower box?
Flower girls can be placed along the walls, but the essence and purpose of the flower box is best revealed by placing it in a room, inside the interior. The classic option is to put a flower girl behind a sofa, other upholstered furniture in the recreation area or parallel to it, as if separating a corner for communication with a green wall. It’s how the “flower wall” is worth considering the flower girl on the floor plan. But choosing the perfect placement, you should think about another important aspect - lighting and free access to plants:
- It is advisable to arrange flower boxes so that the plants can be approached from different directions, nothing interferes with their care, and water procedures do not jeopardize the furniture nearby (for example, so that when spraying water does not fall on your favorite chair).
- Having a flower girl, choose a place with diffused illumination, which will suit most universal and unpretentious plants. You can’t place a flower girl in the shade, in the back of the room, and the choice of crops will be more meager. Optimum for interior flower girls are considered such places in which plants will receive maximum light in the morning and at lunch, at the intersection of window lines (when placing the latter on different walls) or between them, in the middle half of the room. When inspecting a room, they select open places on which the maximum of light focuses and which do not shade furniture and household items.
- The middle or almost the middle of the room is an ideal accommodation option in terms of microclimate. Separation from the central heating system, windows, doors, and, therefore, drafts creates a stable atmosphere for plants.
Plants for every taste
In the flower box in the living room or dining room you can put any plants that can be satisfied with the level of lighting in the place where the structure will be located. Plants pick up:
- under the style of the interior;
- given the landscaping of other rooms;
- according to your taste and character.
A very important factor is color. The flower girl is a large, central element of landscaping, and it is she who will determine his character. Considering personal preferences, try to create a bright color effect. Bet on green, which goes well with any furniture and style, but add effect with at least one flowering plant. But the "inside" of certain categories has its own "buts":
- for flower boxes, it is better to choose bright leaves, light, fresh, saturated color options for foliage;
- the variegation of flowers and inflorescences is not the best choice, and here it is better to give preference to the cleanest and brightest, lightest and softest color variations.
Do not try to make a flower girl with many flowering plants "for every season." Seasonal crops blooming at different times of the year are best placed in the interior, choosing "live bouquets". But in a flower box it is better to place one or two, but long-flowering crops.
The more massive the furniture in the room and the more spacious the room itself, the more visually light and lush, lace plants should be chosen. In small rooms and elegant furniture, you can "play" with tiered or strict silhouettes and lines.
The best option is to fill the flower girl with plants so that the composition seems lush, solid, "merged" into a single spot. The number of plants is measured only by the capacity of the flower girl. But having plants in it, make sure that they are not too crowded, and that the crowns slightly run into each other.
Use plants that do not require specific care, with "average" requirements for watering and top dressing. Stars such as Nidularium Innocent, nightshade, ficus Benjamin, pineapple - for solo parts. But in flower girls it is better to arrange hardy and "tested" favorites. For example, winged chlorophytum looks good in flower girls, beautiful eschinanthus, cirrus asparagus, blood-red stromantha, dieffenbachia of the most bushy varieties, peperomia, ivy, beautiful hoya, Foster hovea, sansevieria, cymbidium orchids or phalaenopsis orchids.Florists for indoor plants
Planting plants in a flower girl
Distribution of flower boxes in room format often leads to confusion with planting. Potted plants do not plant indoor plants, but expose them. But just putting them in a box is not the best option. According to the generally accepted technology of growing compositions from indoor plants in flower boxes, the flower girl’s space is filled with drainage and moisture-intensive soil:
- A layer of drainage is poured from the bottom of the flower girls (from 1/4 to 1/3 of the height) from any materials available to you and preferably light.
- The drainage layer is covered with peat or any light substitute for the substrate - coconut fiber, etc.
- Pots with plants without pallets are placed on peat, placing them so that together the plants create a full-fledged composition (for smaller containers “mounds” are poured, aligning the upper edge of all the pots).
- The space between the pots is filled with the same peat or its analogue.
The care of plants in the flower garden is specific: watering is carried out carefully, trying to prevent excess waterlogging and maintaining a stable substrate moisture. The main difficulty is annual examinations and transplants. Every year, in early spring, the filling soil is removed, freeing the containers, and then all the plants are taken out and carefully examined. A transplant for crops in the flower garden is carried out regularly and preferably annually: it is impossible to allow the roots to penetrate through the drainage hole into the “aggregate” layer in the flower garden, so plants have to be transplanted before the need arises.